Korean War FAQ
Copyright(C) DXY, 1998, All rights reserved.
- What is the purpose of the Korean War FAQ?
- Why did PRC send troops to Korea?
- What was China's military objective in the Koren war?
- Did PRC warn US/UN before it sent troops?
- Why did PRC send troops under the name of volunteer army?
- When did PVA first enter Korea?
- What was an army in PLA unit hierarchy?
- How was the PLA equipment in the Korean war?
- What were PVA's tactics and strategies in Korean war?
- Who was the PVA commander in Korea?
- How did PVA's strength compare to that of US/UN forces at the second campaign?
- How did PVA perform in its first campaign against US/UN forces?
- How did PVA perform in the second campaign?
- How about the third PVA campaign?
- How did PVA perform in the 4th campaign?
- How about the 5th campaign?
- Why was PLA 180th Division lost?
- What happened after the 5th campaign?
- What was the PVA and UN numerical strength at various stages of the Korean war?
- What is "human wave" tactics?
- How many casualties did PVA suffer?
- How many casualties UN suffered?
- Why did the truce talk drag for so long?
- How were Chinese and NK POWs treated by US?
- How did Chinese treat POWs?
- What was the big dispute on POW repatriation?
- Was the "voluntary repatriation" a violation of the Geneva Convention?
- If the repatriation was voluntary, why did the POWs revolt?
- Why were so many Chinese POWs repatriated to KMT regime in Taiwan?
- How many western POWs choose not to repatriate?
- What did Mao say about US after the Korean war?
- Did US consider the use the A-Bomb in Korea?
- As a side question, did US threaten China with nukes after the Korean war?
- How many civilians were killed by US forces in Korea?
- What was the lesson China learned from the Korean war?
- What is the future outlook of Sino-US relations?